Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Everything that Glitters Isn't Gold

Hello!!!

Good Wednesday! Today is not about fashion but about life! Life can sometimes suck. There I said it!! We've all been through ups and downs. Sometimes I feel like I have more downs than ups. Physically I am great but emotionally, mentally, and now financially I am a wreck inside. I feel at this point I can just be truthful to my readers. Life can be so hard when you know deep down inside you are destined for greatness but greatness does not seem to be in arms reach.

I quit my job. To fulfill my dreams of being my own boss and doing something I love in the name of fashion. In the beginning everything was great, my spirits were high, I felt ambitious, and I felt alive! Well that was a few months ago. I'm going into my 5th month and things are just so overwhelming. I know that this is not going to be easy owning my own business. Don't get me wrong I don't mind the hard work. However, it's hard feeling like you are doing it on your own. Yes, I have supporters and people that believe in me but I still feel alone.

Emotionally, I am lost! I often question will I ever find real love. Of course the love that wants me just as much as I want them. I know I should focus on my business and think about my love later. I have been single for a long time. I mean several lump some years. I am almost 32 with a yearning of a man's touch. The man that will be my photographer, my cheerleader, my rock! Lol! Am I being petty? No, of course he will be much more to me as I to him. Does he read my blogs? Does he motivate me to never give up? I want those things not only from my family but from my man.

Mentally, I am constantly thinking how to progress in my business. I try to maintain with adding new products for my lapel pin business for Notorious Fashion unLeashed for men. Keep this blog going for Classy Confident Curves and obtain clients and KEEP them for ViVi Style & Image, I have a lot going on with one person managing. How do I stay relevant, how do get my name out to the unknown, how????? I want to be successful not famous! I don't care if my face is ever seen on tv I just want people to know my styling work and name.

Financially, money is not coming easily when you are depending on people to need your services. In order to make money you have to spend money! They're bills that have to be paid and still have to have a life outside of working at home. Every buy is a life decision. Every month is a scare to which will I have enough to pay my bills. Quitting a job to gain a career is a very risky move. When you had a steady paycheck coming in to not having one now.

Overall, I will fight the good fight of being a superwoman. I just need to vent sometimes and let people know everything may seem great but it really isn't. Glitter doesn't mean you are the real MVP ALL THE TIME! You will go through pain before you reach pleasure. Keep praying, crying if you have to, praying some more and cry while you are praying. In due time my pleasure will exceed my own thoughts! I believe it. Writing this out has actually made me feel a little better. Another thing I do to feel good inside and out and get my confidence back on 100 is getting dressed. I let my clothes do the talking for me. So, today I wore the color Red. Warning I am not going down with a fight. I will fight for what I love to do. I will fight to make a name for myself. ViVi Style & Image is here and in a few years will be the most famous image consultanting business in the world. There I said that too!  Humph! Just in case you were Womdering what I'm wearing it's all from Forever 21 and earrings by me which can be purchased at www.viviaccessories.bigcartel.com





1 comment:

  1. Omg, you definitely hit home with this blog. Your absolutely right on how hard it is , being stressed about finances while building a successful business. We are going to make it, everything that happens for a reason. And being a young black business woman is what you are destined to be. Skies the limit

    ReplyDelete