Thursday, July 10, 2014

When Life Throws You Curves

Hi Ladies!!! Its once again a great day to be alive and well. I wanted to talk a little bit about what I have experienced in the past couple of weeks. Let me just start off saying you can never make EVERYBODY happy or please people 100%. I never saw myself as a role model or someone anybody would look up to in life. I am a loner at heart and fashion has thrown its own curves in my life which I am welcoming with open arms. After watching what some plus size fashion bloggers go through when it comes to rude, disrespectful, and down right ignorant comments from people I sat back and wondered is this what I really want. When I decided to open up and broadcast myself on social media I never thought that I would have to worry about rudeness from others because I didn't think many people would be watching me. Well I was wrong.

As I get more and more comfortable with having hundreds and maybe even thousands of people looking at me from head to toe I have started noticing the hate, criticism, and body bashing trolls lurking. Its like they are just waiting to hate on the BIG BLACK WOMAN with the audacity to want to show off her style and curves. I am hear to say bring it!!! Regardless of the fact that no one person is perfect, but women still have the nerve to want to critique another woman on how she looks or what she has on. People are going to be who they are and there isn't anything I can say or do to stop them.

So what should I do about this you may ask? Not a damn thing but continue being me. You may think my arms/stomach is too big or that shirt doesn't go well with the rest of the outfit but I'm here...iz FREE!! (had to add little Color Purple in there). Honestly, ladies when life throws you curves FLAUNT them and keep moving. Do not worry about others and what they think they know. You can be the #1 most prettiest woman on Earth people will still find something wrong with you. While I'm on this journey of plus size fashion I am learning and growing. I expect to take risks that may not be necessarily flattering but guess what its me taking the risk and no one else. I finally know now I am on the right track to be great.

So without further ado I would like to give details on this week's featured outfit. I purchased this lovely African printed skirt from Christelle and Michelle N from The African Shop (Etsy.com). Once purchased the sites states it will take 2 weeks before shipping. Once shipped I received an email that informed me I should receive my item within 6 to 16 days I swear I received my skirt within 4 days. I was so excited to try it on. I ordered a size 22 because I was not too sure about the fit. I know now I can get my original size (20) with my next purchase. The colors and the added bow with pockets just warmed my heart. I loved the customer service and polite conversations I had  with these ladies. You guys ROCK!!

Top: Forever21
Skirt: The African Shop (Etsy.com)
Shoes: Heels.com
Earrings and Sunglasses: Forever 21






I hope you guys have enjoyed this week's blog as much as I enjoyed wearing this skirt. Until next time xoxo!!!


2 comments:

  1. You look lovely and that skirt is gorgeous. Yes I have had some trolls before on my blog I think they realized they weren't going to get the response that they wanted so I haven't seen any in awhile but keep doing you!! If you weren't doing anything noteworthy they wouldn't even notice you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much honey!!! You are so right! No need to respond because it's a never ending battle. The best thing for me to do is keep doing me! Thanks for the encouragement!

      Delete