Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Introducing the Future Dr. M. Wood Phd: In Living Color

Hi Ladies,

I hope everyone is doing well this week. I wanted to share a special friend with you and to also feature her on my blog this week. To jump right into this week's blog I would love to introduce to you my stylish, inspirational, and a fellow alumna of North Carolina Central University Ms. Marquita Wood. I've known Marquita since our freshmen year at NCCU. We were next door dorm mates from different ends of the state of North Carolina and we had no idea we would end up as great friends until this day. Marquita has made a great pathway into the educational system that will direct her into becoming one of not so many Black female university chancellors.

This woman inspires me to never give up, think long and hard, then make your move your best move of course after praying about it all. She has a heart that everyone has no choice but to fall in love with. While I am typing this in my 31 years of living I have never been able to describe another female this way as much as I can about Marquita. We are always talking about what friends are and what it really means to be a real friend. She has educated me over the years on how its okay to fall in and out of love with your best friend and still remain best friends. As stated from the title of my blog Ms. Wood is currently working on a doctoral degree in Higher Educational Leadership with the goal of becoming an university chancellor.

Ms. Wood will be celebrating a birthday on July 30th and wanted to feature her new look as the future Dr. Wood Phd, and the coming years. So she collaborated with DanielLamar Photography and Classy Confident Curves to bring her vision to light. What was so special about this project that Marquita, Daniel, and myself all graduated from NCCU and we took this photo shoot back to our ole stumping grounds; the sloping hills, the verdant greens of Dear Ole NCC. Two of the three sets featured on today's blog were personally shopped and styled by me and we got Mr. Daniel to bring this vision to light. I've known Ms. Wood to be very conservative in her style of wear so I wanted to bring her and my own style together in this photo shoot. Both outfits were purchased from JCP online and in-store. Accessories were purchased from Aldo and Forever 21.

This shoot is to not only inspire style but to also inspire growth, friendship, hard work, passion, trust in others, and most importantly dreams do come true. Watching Marquita stand firm on her own as she has for so long on the campus in front of the James E. Shepard statue gives me belief that she will become the woman God has her to be. Along with watching Daniel take the shot that captures what I so clearly see just by looking at Marquita take those poses gives me trust that we all can go for what we want out of life. Okay now for some color. Without further ado: Introducing Dr. Marquita Wood Phd. "In Living Color".



Prepping Dr. Wood for her photo shoot.
" In Living Color" Eagle Pride!!!
 I love this pose. Ready to take on the world all while in a business suit.


 Top/Skirt: JCP, Earrings: Aldo. Slingback pumps and Michael Kors watch purchased by Ms. Wood.


Top: JCP, Gold Chain Belt: Forever 21, Skirt: JCP, Earrings: Aldo

I want to thank Marquita for giving me the opportunity to style her for such a momentous occasion. I am greatly appreciated. Again, Daniel did a wonderful job capturing the future Dr. Wood Phd. Marquita, I pray the God blesses you beyond your already wildest imagination and Happy Birthday honey, I love You!

Stay Tuned ladies there will be another blog feature coming to you soon called Black vs.White in these Streets the other version.  xoxoxo

Be Good, Be Fly, and Shake a Tail Feather!!

No comments:

Post a Comment