Monday, November 4, 2013

Clothes That Hold Sentimental Value

Good beautiful day to everyone reading!! I wanted to dedicate this particular post to my wonderful Grandmother Rosa Mae Vick who is no longer with us on Earth but in spirit. I remember my grandmother being a stylish diva of her time. She showed us how fashion was suppose to be flaunted. She even made some of her own clothing. She was also a plus size woman so, if there was something she could not find in stores best believe it would be made to her liking. She also shopped a lot; which back then it was through a Sears catalog...lol! Since her time a few things have changed but never the love I have for her. She was a woman of few words at times. She rather show you than tell you. She showed me even then that you wear what you want when you want to wear it. Therefore, the rule of wearing white after Labor Day is out the window. The white blazer featured in today's post was part of a suit I wore the day my grandmother was laid to rest. All of her children and grandchildren wore white to respect that fact that we were not mourning the lost of my beloved grandmother. We were in fact celebrating her life with class. I remember the white dress she wore on that day. She was also a natural sister; a salt-n-pepper close cut afro. I wanted to jazz up this white blazer wearing a mustard yellow top and graphic jeans. Along with this outfit I am also featuring my Divaliciouslyhott ear candy. This white blazer has sentimental value to me because it was the last thing I wore to celebrate a wonderful woman. Cleaning out my closet I always come to this suit but could never give it away. It reminds me of her; it will never leave my sight. It will forever stay with me. Even the graphic jeans somehow I could not part ways with them. I love anything graphic; jeans, t-shirt, jackets, etc. Do you have clothes that hold sentimental value to you? From reading other articles this is not too far fetched. There are plenty of people who have clothing that reminds them of others gone but never forgotten loved ones. Hope you enjoy!! Thanks as always. Details of outfit below the last picture.





Ear Candy: Earrings
White Blazer: JcPenny
Top: Target
Jeans: Rainbow

Until then Be Good, Be Fly, and Shake a Tail Feather! xoxox

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your outfit! The blazer, strappy heels! The colors mesh well. I totally love it! :-) In loving memory of your grandmother! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sweetie!!!! Exactly!!! Love that woman!!!

    ReplyDelete