Friday, November 15, 2013

Fall in the Bull City

Home of the Durham Bulls Baseball team and known as the City of Medicine. Durham, NC has become my first home. Not only because I graduated from North Carolina Central University but Durham gives an ole country girl enough city and country all in one. After my last blog my biggest fan gave me some constructive criticism. This person told me its time to move away from the steps near my apartment. I feel comfortable there. The thing is if I want to become a well-known plus size fashion blogger I have to step away from my comfort zone. Well I did that today. I took a trip out to the downtown area of Durham and I actually enjoyed myself! Even with so many people walking by I felt comfortable and did not mind being watched. This was not just to show off my outfit of the day but this also taught me something. Its okay to be seen and looked at. What is the point of dressing and taking pictures if I do not want anyone looking at me. I have always been the quiet one. The one that makes no fuss. This journey is for me to continue to step outside the box not only in what I wear but also my personality. I can appreciate someone who can genuinely tell me what I need to work on because they see more potential in me. I love people who can uplift and motivate others. I do it all the time for others so it feels great when I can get the same in return. Because of that person I went out and tried something different and really enjoyed myself. 
*This post is dedicated to my "Wookie" Outfit details are below the last picture. 

Wide Calf Boots on these legs Yesssssss!!! I love them





Blazer: Thrifted
Top: Miss Tina from Walmart
Jean Leggings: Walmart
Riding Boots: Payless
Accessories: Forver21 and Versona

Hope Enjoy! And as always, Be Good, Be Fly and Shake a Tail Feather!! xoxox

2 comments:

  1. Love the blazer and boots.
    http://cherizangelandstyleluvin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete