Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Skating On Cloud Nine (Fall Look Part 2)

I chose this title to this post because as a plus size woman we sometimes have to consider that everything that is made in our size is not exactly a great idea to wear. The latest trend this year is the faux leather skater skirts. I have seen many women wear this particular style of skirt and pull it off very well. Now! Let me just say that my body type is although proportional from top to middle to bottom I was afraid that I could not wear this skirt. Reason being I have a high big butt. This is what I like to call the Big Booty Blues. When it comes to wearing certain skirts I have to be mindful I cannot show all my goodies to the rest of the world. Remembering I strive to maintain a classy look. So, I sat on the idea of purchasing this skirt for the entire summer. I finally gave in and said what the hell lets see how good or bad this could be. When I received the skirt I rushed to try it on and low and behold I was right. It was too high in the back. Yes, I was disappointed and ready to give it away and go back to the drawing board. One night I was playing dress up, in which I had my extra protection on (shapewear). I tried on the skirt again and I liked the way it fit me this time. It was pretty much even around the circumference of my lower body. So I added a top and fishnet stockings and I smiled with relief and was I overjoyed. Hence, the skating on CLOUD NINE. Its two lessons into one. As I mentioned before sometimes as plus size women we have to be cautious of the etiquette with certain clothing at the same time do not give up on yourself when there is a certain look you want. It doesn't hurt to wear shapewear to smooth out some parts of your body to get a certain look you want. I enjoyed wearing my skirt and did not feel self-conscious that I maybe mooning the whole world. Thanks for reading! Outfit details are below.






Top: Forever21+
Skirt: Asos
Peacock Tights: Torrid
Spiked Booties: Charlotte Russe

Hope Enjoyed! And as Always Be Good, Be Fly, and Shake a Tail Feather! xoxo

9 comments:

  1. I love the blouse you chose to wear! Great ensemble! 🙌🙌🙌 Great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thank you so much love!!!! Very much appreciated!!! 😘

      Delete
  2. This is hot!!! I have the same high big booty issue that's why I have been afraid of the skater skirts I just may try one after this cuz ur butt is exactly like mine!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG!!!! Thank you soooooo much! You have no idea you just made my night! I love love love your style! Yes, the high booty blues lol!!! I know you can pull that off so easily!

      Delete
  3. Love the ensemble, the look is hawt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty.
    http://cherizangelandstyleluvin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete