Friday, September 11, 2015

I Got Nothing But Love for Thrifting

Hey Loves,

Happy Friday!!! Today, is a good day to talk about thrift shopping. Since most people are selling or giving away their clothing to consignment shops or Good Will. I will discuss what I love about taking slightly worn clothing and making it 1/3 of my wardrobe. Growing up I hated the Salvation Army or any store where my grandmother would go to shop for clothes, appliances, or even furniture. I thought why are we shopping other people used items when we can just buy it brand new. I used to think I would get picked on if people found me in these places. I was blessed though I never wore any hand me downs. However, today you can not stop me from going into a thrift store looking for the vintage abstract, colorful, or one of kind clothing! The clothing I love to look for is back when we used to watch The Cosby Show, Different World, and Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. Those colorful abstract vintage looking tops or skirts is what I look for. Now, keep in mind I leave in NC so that means most of the time I'm not able to find these particular looks. So, what do I do next if I can not find it in near by thrift stores? 
I go to INSTAGRAM!!! That's right Instagram is a one stop shopping experience for vintage clothing. Below I will list some of the places I've purchased my pieces from. Here is one thing I keep in mind when I purchase VINTAGE clothing online. The sizes are not always true! I have skirts and tops that say my size but really are not my size. However, I still make it work. One trick with skirts: I put over my head to wear. It works every time because I wear my skirts above my belly button right under my breast for a high waisted look. Then with my shirts which are button up, I tie them at the ends. Again, the shirts stops at my waist line. These are ways I make my clothes work for me. Also, you can find measurement details under most pieces these ladies post to give you an idea of how these pieces actually would fit on you. Here are the following IG names that I have shopped from in the past to help increase my vintage wardrobe or I really love their pieces. @Iamkfs @divaxpress @crysycouture @thriftgasms @jeweliaboutique @ladaintavintage @mochapeachvintage and @rdvclothing Please check these pages out! You will fall in love! Trust! Now, for my own presentation I took a piece I purchased from @jeweliaboutique last year and never got the chance to wear and wore it three ways! Omg I love this abstract skirt! It's awesome. Thanks for reading and I hope this helps you ladies when thrift shopping.



Happy Shopping from ViVi Styles & Image xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment