Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Breaking All the Styling Rules

Heyyyyyyy,

Hope all is well! You remember growing up with your grandmother and maybe you used to watch her get dress for church or work and she told you that you never wear white after Labor Day!? I remember growing up hearing that rule. I also remember in my adolescent years I made sure I didn't break this rule because I thought people would pick on me lol! As I got older I never really cared to follow or break the rule. So, I guess you can say I did break the rule at an early age. I wasn't scared to be picked on any longer...lol! I did some research on the rule and where it came from. Some say don't do it because the rich people wore white while the laborers continued to wear black and worked their fingers to the bones. Some say it had something to do with the weather. Lastly, they say fashion editors said not to! I'm sure it's safe to say the hell with rules altogether when it comes to fashion and your own personal style. As a plus size advocate I encourage women to wear stripes both horizontal and vertical. Floral prints, bright colors, and whatever else they tell you NOT to wear.

Also, I guess it's safe to say I have some wonderful news to share but not now. It involves me and my love for fashion. Once, I'm sure to tell it all, you all will be the first ones to hear it here. I think I will make everyone read the news from here rather than me spilling the beans on other social media sites. The dress below was given to me for participating in a local fashion show. I love this dress and the way it's made for my body. The ruching really conceals my tummy and makes me look awesomely slimmer. BINGOOOOO!! I guess the reason for this blog is to wear what makes you happy and if breaking the rules makes you happy then by all means just do it boo!
Bracelet: Wal-Mart, Dress: Local Boutique SOLD OUT, Shoes: Payless, Earrings: Aldo





No comments:

Post a Comment